A tax return must be filed if:
- You have to pay income taxes for the year;
- You have not repaid all amounts withdrawn from your RRSP under the Life Long Learning Plan;
- You have to pay CPP because your pensionable income exceeds $3,500; or,
- You received the working income tax benefit or you applied for advance payments.
Other reasons to file a tax return:
- To claim a refund;
- To apply for the GST/HST or provincial credits;
- To carry forward or transfer the unused part of your tuition, education and textbook amounts;
- To keep your RRSP deduction limit up to date; or,
- To begin or continue receiving Canada Child Benefit payments.
If you have any questions, please contact us.