A tax return must be filed if:

  • You have to pay income taxes for the year;
  • You have not repaid all amounts withdrawn from your RRSP under the Life Long Learning Plan;
  • You have to pay CPP because your pensionable income exceeds $3,500; or,
  • You received the working income tax benefit or you applied for advance payments.

Other reasons to file a tax return:

  • To claim a refund;
  • To apply for the GST/HST or provincial credits;
  • To carry forward or transfer the unused part of your tuition, education and textbook amounts;
  • To keep your RRSP deduction limit up to date; or,
  • To begin or continue receiving Canada Child Benefit payments.

If you have any questions, please contact us.